Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Illinois

Next week we are headed north to Illinois for a few days.  By we, I mean the Boss, Little Mama, and me.  We are going because Little Mama is competing at the USEF Dressage Seat Equitation Medal Finals.  This event takes place at the Lamplight Equestrian Center in Wayne.  Wayne is two miles from St. Charles.  St. Charles is a small town in the Fox River Valley, and borders North Aurora, a tiny town also in the Fox River Valley.

Growing up, my family owned a tiny restaurant in this tiny town.  It was called the Village Restaurant.  My mom and dad worked their asses off for many years, and turned the dwindling business they inherited from the previous owner into a successful business.  This led to an ability for my parents to make some investments and tuck away a small savings.  Then my mom got sick and the restaurant was sold.

However, the investments that were made continued to grow.  My mom passed away, but her hard work left a legacy.  This has allowed an opportunity for Little Mama.  Without the Village Restaurant, there would be no Fabulous.  

Next week, we come full circle.  This is LM's first time to compete at a national event, and it takes place on the doorstep where all of this began.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment